Republic Act No. 9497
• Establish and prescribe rules and regulations for the inspection and registration of all aircraft owned and operated in the Philippines and all air facilities;
• Establish and prescribe the corresponding rules and regulations for the enforcement of laws governing air transportation;
• Determine, fix and/or prescribe charges and/or rates pertinent to the operation of public air utility facilities and services;
• Administer and operate the Civil Aviation Training Center (CATC);
• Operate and maintain national airports, air navigation and other similar facilities in compliance to ICAO;
• Perform such other powers and functions as may be prescribed by law.