Mandates and Functions
- Establish and prescribe rules and regulations for the inspection and registration of all aircraft owned and operated in the Philippines and all air facilities;
- Establish and prescribe the corresponding rules and regulations for the enforcement of laws governing air transportation;
- Determine, fix and/or prescribe charges and/or rates pertinent to the operation of public air utility facilities and services;
- Administer and operate the Civil Aviation Training Center (CATC);
- Operate and maintain national airports, air navigation and other similar facilities in compliance to ICAO;
- Perform such other powers and functions as may be prescribed by law.
Source: Republic Act No. 9497: An Act Creating the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines, Authorizing the Appropriation of Funds Therefor, and for Other Purposes