REMOTELY PILOTED AIRCRAFT REGISTRATION
All Remotely Piloted Aircrafts used for commercial operations, regardless of weight, must be registered with the Authority.
Further, non-commercial Large RPAs, with a gross weight of 7kg and above, shall be duly registered with the Authority. This includes custom-built drones and drones built from a kit or off-the-shelf.
Please remember that users will be held accountable for all activities involving the RPAs registered under their names.
|Airworthiness Department of the Flight Standards Inspectorate Service, Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines.
PROCESS AND REQUIREMENTS FOR RPAS REGISTRATION
|Submit a Letter of Request for reservation of RPA Registration Marking. In the letter, indicate the Model & Serial Number of your RPA and address it to the Flight Standards Inspectorate Service.
|Await for the Letter-approval issued by CAAP indicating your assigned RPA-Marking.
|Once approved, secure your Order of Payment Slip from a Registration Officer of the Aircraft Registration Section, Airworthiness Department.
Order of payment slip (OPS) may be provided through a request via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Bring your Order of Payment Slip and Pay the prescribed fee of Php 1,500 + 12% VAT at the CAAP Cashiering Office.
|Submit the documents provided in the checklist below. The Airworthiness Department of the CAAP will evaluate and verify your submitted documents.
|After the review, if the AWD finds all submitted documents satisfactory, you will be scheduled for the inspection of your RPA. However, if any document/s are deemed to be insufficient or immaterial, you will be notified of the deficiency.
|During the inspection, AWD will verify your RPA serial number. The AWD will also check the placement of the marking, whether it is waterproof, and made of weather-resistant inks, paints, or permanent stickers.
For on-site inspection, a fee may be charged.
|After the inspection, all documents will be processed to finalize the registration of your RPA.
|Claim your RPA Certificate of Registration at the Airworthiness Department.
|Congratulations! You have successfully registered your RPA.
RPAS REGISTRATION CHECKLIST
- Notarized Registration Form (CAAP Form 1028-1)
- CAAP Prescribed fees and/or penalty
- Letter of Intent
- History of Ownership (If the aircraft for registration was not purchased from the registered owner.)
- Copy of Letter-request for the reservation of RPAS Registration Marking.
- Copy of Letter-approval issued by CAAP for the reservation of RPAS Registration Marking
- Colored photograph of the RPAS with Philippine Registration Marking
- Documentary Evidence of Ownership
- Affidavit of Ownership
- Other related documents
- Secretary’s Certificate (if applicable)
- Special Power of Attorney
- Import Document
- DTI Certificate or Corporation Documents issued by the Securities and Exchange Commission
- Certificate issued by CAAP
- Certificate of Authorization
- Others: ________________
- Insurance Policy
- Documents stating the specifications of your